Greeting cards are not something new for us! The application of greeting cards was starting more than a hundred years ago, but the cards are still in use and popular now. Typically, greeting cards are sent on holidays (e.g., Christmas, Chinese New Year, Thanksgiving), special occasions (e.g., birthdays, weddings, anniversaries), or when you want to express sentiments.
If you have an idea or plan to make or send a greeting card, you may want to know a few things before making it. But what things need to be known beforehand? You can read some of the following points below!
1. Greeting Card Ettiquete
Before making or sending a greeting card, you need to know that there are some etiquettes for greeting card. Let’s discuss some of them below!
- If you want to make the cards look more personal, you better handwrite the address and sign on each card.
- A greeting card is all about the personal touch. So, even you print a message on the card, make sure that you write a few sentences by hand to give personal touch!
- Want to send a greeting card for birthday? Don’t mention the age of the recipient unless you are close to them.
- You don’t have to send a greeting card if you don’t get an invitation or information about an event.
2. A Greeting Card Is Affordable, But You Can Make It Even More Cheaper
We know that we don’t need to spend so much money on a greeting card because it is affordable. But what if you will need it in a lot of numbers? Maybe one or two cards are affordable, but for a hundred cards? Be ready to spend much more money on that!
In business, many companies decide to make a large number of greeting cards instead of buying them. Why? First, they can personalize the design. Second, they can get a lower price for that. Usually, they will create a design for the card, then ask a greeting card printing service to print it. The more card they made, the cheaper they would have to pay for each card.
3. Things to Avoid While Making Greeting Cards
People decide to use greeting cards since they know the process of making the card is quite easy. However, there are still a few things that must be considered during the process of creating greeting cards. So, here are some of them!
- Avoid last-minute order, especially in peak seasons such as Christmas or Chinese New Year. There will be a high demand for greeting cards orders, and you don’t want your card to finish late, do you? So, you are better to make the card earlier to minimize the risk that you get your card completed late.
- Writing the wrong name of recipients can make them feel uncomfortable. So, always check that you write the recipient’s name correctly both on envelopes and cards.
- Don’t make a card according to the number of recipients that you have listed before. Add some extra card when you want to make greeting cards. We never know if there are names of people that supposed to be on the list that we forgot to add.